- Store the cottage cheese container upside-down and it will stay fresh twice as long!
- Wrap cheese in a vinegar-soaked cloth to prevent drying out.
- Never pour room-temperature milk or cream back into the original container.
- Cocoa stays fresher when kept in a glass jar in a cool, dry place.
- Freeze honey in small freezer containers to prevent sugaring. It thaws quickly.
- Marshmallows won't dry out when frozen.
- Honey can be substituted for sugar in most recipes. If a recipe calls for a cup of sugar, use 3/4 cup of honey and reduce any liquid called for by 1/4 cup. A tip: Give your measuring cup a light coat of cooking spray and the honey will slip right out. Also, reduce your oven temperature by 25 degrees to prevent over-browning.