- WHEN USING GLASS OR ENAMEL PANS FOR BAKING - Remember to reduce the oven temp by 25 degrees. These pans absorb more heat than the shiny metal ones.
- An easy way of melting gelatine in microwave, Sprinkle gelatine in a cup of cold water. Let stand for 10 mins. Then microwave for 20 seconds. Stir well & cool before adding to any mix.
- Tasty Cookies
Before having them, warm your cookies. It is said that cookies taste much better when they are warm than when cold. It is so because the heat releases the flavour of chocolate and nuts.
- For plumper raisins, soak in orange juice and store in the refrigerator.
- Cookies will stay fresher if you place crushed tissue paper in the bottom of your cookie jar.
- Place 1/2 apple in the cake box to keep cakes fresh
- Crackers will stay crisp when wrapped tightly and stored in the refrigerator
- If you shake an egg and you hear a rattle, the egg is most likely bad.
- An egg white is easiest to beat at room temperature. Take the egg out of the refrigerator about 1/2 hour before using.
- A fresh egg will sink in water, a stale one will float.