For the cookie base
200 gms/ 7 oz macaroon cookies, crushed
25 gms/ 1 tbsp plus 2 tsps butter, melted
For the filling
200 gms/ 7 oz chocolate, chopped (use good dark chocolate as the taste of the cake highly depends on it)
1 tbsp cold black coffee
2 tbsps coffee liquer
460 gms/ 16.22 oz mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
1 tin (400 gms/ 14.10 oz) sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs seperated
3 tbsps brandy
50 gms/ 1.4 oz All purpose flour
1) Preheat the oven to 375 0 F/ 190 0 C.
2) Mix the crushed cookies with the melted butter and press into the base of a 9 " removable bottom or cake pan. Chill the crust.
3) Meanwhile prepare the filling by melting the chcolate with the coffee and liquer in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (or microwave together for a minute). Cool slightly.
4) Whisk the mascarpone cheese, milk and egg yolks in a bowl until combined. Stir in the brandy and the flour.
5) Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold in the mascarpone mixture. Gently fold in the chocolate. Pour over the cookie crust base.
6) Bake for one hour, covering the top with foil after 30 mins. After an hour, turn off the oven and leave the oven door open to allow the cheese cake to cool completely.
7) Remove, chill overnight to set and to allow the flavours to develop.