Refined flour - 115 gms/ 4 oz
Cocoa Powder - 2 tbsps
Margarine - 55 gms/ 1.94 oz
Eggs - 2 Nos.
Chocolate Essence - A few drops
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt -1/4 tsp
Powder / confectioner's / icing sugar- 85 gms/ 3 oz
Soda Bicarb - 1/2 tsp
Milk - 100 ml/ 3.38 fl oz
1. Sieve the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt
2. Dissolve the soda in milk
3. In a vessel cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy. In another vessel beat the eggs well.
4. Then add the eggs to the creamed butter mixture. Beat a little more.
5. Add essence. Fold in the sieved flour. Add milk to make a soft consistency.
6. Put in a greased and lined tin and bake at 200 o C/ 400 o F for 20-25 minutes or till done
Note: You may avoid adding the soda