115 gms/ 4 oz Butter
115 gms/ 4 oz Sugar
55 gms/ 1.95 oz Sugar for caramel
150 ml/ 10.5 Tbsps Hot milk
170 gms/ 6 oz Refined Flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
55 gms / 1.95 oz Apricot Jam
Little Icing Sugar for Topping
1) Cream fat & 115 gms/4 oz of sugar. Seperate the eggs & beat in the yolks.
2) Make a light caramel with 55 gms/ 1.95 oz of sugar & add hot milk till well mixed.
3) When the caramel mixture is lukewarm add gradually to the creamed ingredients.
4) Stir in the sieved dry ingredients & mix well adding more milk if desired to make a dropping consistency.
5) Beat the egg whites stiffly & fold it into the mixture & put it equally in two sandwich tins.
Bake in moderately hot oven at 175 o C/ 345 o F for 30 mins. When cool, sandwich with apricot jam filling & sprinkle with icing sugar.