- Â¾ cup caster sugar
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- Â½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Â½ tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp coffee powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 50 gm dark chocolate, grated.
1. Beat the egg white with 1/3 of the sugar.
2. Beat yolks separately with remaining sugar.
3. Sift the dry ingredients together.
4. When yolk mixture is light and fluffy, fold in the stiffly beaten egg white
into the yolk mixture alternatively with the dry ingredients.
5. Fold in the grated chocolate.
6. Put the prepared batter in a square or round cake tin (8â€™â€™ x 8â€™â€™) and bake
in a pre-heated oven at 1800C for 20-25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and cool.
For coffee cream
1. Whip 2 cups of heavy cream till it is fluffy and holds its shape.
2. Fold in or beat in coffee liquer (optional) and 1 tbsp coffee dissolved in
1 tbsp hot water.
1. Slice the cake horizontally into three layers, spread coffee cream on each
2. Cover the whole cake with the sauce and coffee cream and garnish with chocolate
leaves or as desired.
Source cooking & more - MAY-JUNE issue
Recipe by Bunty Mahajan